BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 318 IS coupe manual that i bought it in February, and it makes an anoying sound from the back wheel or wheels not sure when going over bumps or wholes in the road ( seems to me the roads in the UK are getting worst am having to dodge more and more road wholes) but if put my foot in the brake it doesn't make any noise. would this mean it is the brake pads?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
when you say you put your foot on the brake, do you mean lightly enough that noticeable retardation isn't taking place, or more firmly? further to this, is it a light rattle or a more metal to metal squeel/feel/sound? If you are braking so lightly that nothing is happening barring the slack in the pads being taken up, I would be having a quick shufty in that area first.

Reactions: bigdj1988

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you say you put your foot on the brake, do you mean lightly enough that noticeable retardation isn't taking place, or more firmly? further to this, is it a light rattle or a more metal to metal squeel/feel/sound? If you are braking so lightly that nothing is happening barring the slack in the pads being taken up, I would be having a quick shufty in that area first.
well it does make a noise in the slightest bump in the road and you can only ear it in the car with the window's open. it does sound like a metal with metal sound and it does stop making noise with light to lightish preasure in the brake pedal. hope this helps.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also just this sunday the car started making a noise when braking. how ever in contrast i think this is in the front whells only if your breaking lightly or when slowly coming to a stop of the car, oddingly enought it does not make this noise if you brake heavly to moderate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.