BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

Unfortunatley my 328i conversion has not gone to plan because of a lack of funds and ultimatley time so i have been speculating on how to improve the engine performance of my 318is on a 1997 reg.

The car currently has a powerflow cat back exhuast, de cat with no silencer in place and a pipercross induction kit with decent cold air feed.

I have heard on the bmw grape vine that the inlet manifold from the early 318is engines in e30s fit and are more free flowing then the version i have. Is this right and would it increase the performnace?

Any other pointers would be greatly recieved as i am a bit new to this bmw tuning lark

cheers

·
Registered
89 Posts
if its true would the E30 318is inlet fit on to a 318is e36 1993??

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gonna go ahead and do it anyways because its seems a way of more power for peanuts as i have found one at my local scrappie for little money.

I have examined the two manifolds and the e30 one does appear to be alot more free flowing, but i am also going to smooth the inside of it to help the air flow.

I will be fitting it this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Also would it be worth getting it chipped afterwards?

ta

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty sure it bolts up. However, are you aware that the M44 uses the DISA variable length intake manifold? I'd stick with it :thumbsup.
Ah so is there going to be almost no difference in performance after having this fitted to my car?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok, mite leave it then. Thanks for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts