BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy's i have a 318Is the one in the pick and i believe i might have some air sensor problems, what would be the way to diagnose this?? thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im assuming you mean the MAF sensor, unplug it and see if it improves the drive. it won't be perfect with it unplugged but will give you a smoother drive if the old one is knackered. Just incase, check the rubber inlet hole (the one that goes from the MAF to the inlet manifold) to see if it has any cracks or air leaks as they can cause the car to run rough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
328 coupe 1998 i love my car

Hi guys
I have had lumpy tick over and a sort of jerky response on the throtle when i disconected my MAF it still was lumpy on tick over but she went like a rocket on the throtle does this mean i need a new MAF sensor

regards Pat

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the reason i think it is the air mass sensor, (the Bosch part) is because some times when sitting with the car stopped or when stooped in traffic i get the revs coming down to 500 going to 1500 then again just next time will be like 600 and 1,200 until it stops around 800-900 and stay's still like it should be. when it first comes down to 500 it's like it is almost stalling. now my dad has a mercedes E36 amg and about a year and something ago he had the same thing and it was the air mass sensor

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i will take the air mass sensor out and see what happens, or get it diagnosed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.