BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so for some weeks i been noticing my temperature gauge wouldn't get to the midway point and for a week or so now it doesn't go past the blue cold bit, even when i have done 2 hour driving in the motor way and through London. so i think my Thermostat is gone. I know dealer quoted £46 eurocar parts £38 and GSf £26. Does any one else agree with me?

Also i need some directions to change this my self, so some help would be much appreciated :thumbsup

·
Registered
91 Posts
Definately sounds like the thermostat mate.

I have no experience changing one on your car - but managed to change the one on my 2.0 Alfa Romeo Twinspark with no issues and very little mechanical knowledge :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
tis easy to change mate, jus drain the coolant and make sure you have the new one ready to go in as they often come to bits when you pull them out. all you need to do is remove the coolant pipes attached to the thermostat and undo the bolts, take care when undoing them and doing them back up tho as i've had the threads go on me before which isn;t really ideal as the threads in the head which may leave you a fair bit out of pocket. hope this helps n good luck :)

Reactions: bigdj1988

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guy's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts