BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It seems though my bmw don't have one :( and has left a big gap between the rad fan and the engine :frown

If someone has a spare and is willing to sell please let me know. Or if you know where i can get one from. Will be greatly appreciated.

I have a E36 318i 1997 saloon.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.

It ain't urgent (if it effects engine cooling then its urgent), im just trying to replace all the missing parts so it looks nice.

How soon will you be breaking ?

Anyone else have one ?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
It directs the air directly to the circumference of the fan so that all of the air that comes through the front bumper and grills goes to cooling the engine.

Where does your temperature needle sit at the moment. BMW's always sit bang on the centre:cool

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The needle sits bang on centre :)

Driven it from Ilford to Heathrow & then back to Ilford. The needle didnt budge at all once it was in the middle of the gauge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where abouts are you located? It's the kind of thing you would get for a few quid at a scrap yard. There's one in the midlands (spondon near Derby) that has a few E36's.

http://www.albertlooms.com/

I was there the other week and there were 3 or 4 E36's. I can't imagine the plastic cover you're after would be on the top of many people's desired parts lists so there's a good chance of finding one.

Reactions: illusion786

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im from Ilford in Essex, not many BMW breakers in my area unfortunately.

Ill have a look at the posted link. Thank you

·
Registered
77 Posts
It directs the air directly to the circumference of the fan so that all of the air that comes through the front bumper and grills goes to cooling the engine.

Where does your temperature needle sit at the moment. BMW's always sit bang on the centre:cool
mine dosent its mostly always on blue untill it gets ragged or having fun in an icy car park lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts