BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm getting through front tyres quicker than I should. The front of the car has been lowered quite a lot and had induced a fair amount of negative camber, and this is wearing the inside edges pretty quickly.

I've done a bit of reading, and I seem to remember reading about using M3 top hats on opposite sides? I'm not going to bother buying expensive adjustable jobbies.

Also, if I got the front toe set to zero, this would help reduce some of the tyre wear as there would be less scrubbing, it wouldn't stop the tyres wearing on the inside edge, but it would slow the wear rate a little. Question is, how would the car handle? I'd imagine it to be quite skitty on the road?

Anyone with any experience of this?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
are you on coilovers if so raise the ride hieght a little see if that helps and negative camber isnt that good in straight lines but around corners would make the car handle better.

Ive also read something about M3 top hats that reduce negative camber if fitted on opposite sides.

·
Registered
221 Posts
lowering the car would cause the wheel alignment to be out and cause the insides of the front tyres to wear (mine did it) i had to get the toe set again after lowering. -1 toe is a good place to aim for.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
cant you get shortened arb links?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts