BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i'm a wee bit stuck! I love my 318i... but being the petrol head i am i just want faster. I don't know what to do about upgrading for proper power, or just changing to a bigger engine. Want to preferably stick to the E36 but poss early E46. Then there is the Nikasil risk. If there wasn't that i'd just go straight out and up the engine size! HELP?!?!
:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused:confused

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thing is what engine? And what would happen with the MOT etc? Plus would it really be that cheap if i hve to upgrade all the brakes etc to handle the extra power? Sorry i dont know much about the subject lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I expect him to reply to this thread anyway as he usually catches most of them!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
IMHO, if you're keeping your car, just have an ECU remap, the most worth while modification and ensure the rest of the engine and sensors etc are in superb condition.

If you want more, its just easier to get a genuine bigger engined model, not as if they are really that expensive not to warrant it!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aye the cars are, but the petrol isn't:eek, cheers guys. Don't know what im going to do, but will think about it. Thinking a 323i or a 328i.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i had a 318i with 162 bhp before my 325i. heres what i had done and the costs from what i can remember;

scorpian de-cat £150
custom back box £190
powertec SL 1000 induction kit with heat sheild £140
good set of spark leads & plugs £70
perormance clutch £150 (can't remember what make)
kent perfomance cams £300
and a remap once i had everything done

if you dont want to do everything, the cams, remap and induction kit should get you to about 145ish bhp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts