BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a scorpion brand aftermarket immobiliser installed in my E36. The alarm is not responding to the fob so I can't disable it, and when I try to start it, of course it won't start but I hear the fuel pump kicking in. I just need a little direction on how to bypass the alarm. I know everything I need to get to is behind the glovebox. However, there are so many wires I don't know where to start! Any pics or help of sorts would be greatly appreciate, thank you

Jesse :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I don't know the serial number, it is an old system, I can't find it on the scorpion website. Behind the glove box is a maze of wires, however I believe I have cut the appropriate power wire for the alarm, but all it did was kill the system all together. I still have to find the wire that it was tapped into so I can reconnect it. I hope that fixes it :)...and no it makes no noise when I attempt to start it

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sorry dude, but without some pictures and a model number/manual it's unlikely I can help. We do have some clever folks on here though that may be able to visualise the system you have and the way it's wired up through the form of interpretive dance or mind reading. :)

Edit: my only suggestion is to unplug it. Cutting wires isn't something I'd recommend.

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
I still have to find the wire that it was tapped into so I can reconnect it. I hope that fixes it :)...and no it makes no noise when I attempt to start it

There are usually 2 taps/breaks/splices, most commonly fuel pump and the starter circuit, so you'll have to just follow the wires and find where the original BMW stuff was cut.

The BMW immobiliser is far better than an aftermarket system, but I guess it was the alarm that was the main point of adding it, not the immobiliser.

·
Registered
114 Posts
as you say you can hear the fule pump it take it you have no ignition and no starter?
If so try looking for some cut wires on the drivers side in the loom on the back of the ignition barrel. If not you would be best to call out an alarm engineer as they should not charge any more than £50 to deinstall the alarms system as its easy when you know how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts