BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a OEM car alarm fitted to my 316i Compact currently but unfortunately when I bought the car I was never given the master key for the alarm. Is there any way of getting a key for it. Also if I were to pull the cable from it would that then set the immobilizer off?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info.

Reason for me wanting to pull the cable is that if I remover the positive cable from the battery it sets the alarm off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The link you sent was very helpful! The siren I have is a 3G mk2 however I do not have the fob for it. But I have looked on Ebay and have seen some for sale. Do you think these could be re- programmed for my alarm? Also the connecting plug has melted, is there a replacement do you think? Thank you for your help so far.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The alarm has its own battery in the siren and when you cut the power it believes it is under attack and that is why it goes off. You might be able to get a secondhand plug from a breakers. Yes, you can reprogram your fob following my guide, just make sure you buy the right fob as there are a few identical-looking fobs on ebay at the moment that will not work as the internals are different. Even if the seller says "BMW" or "E36" don't trust them. My guide will tell you how to spot the right type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts