BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first post so be nice please.

Since i brought my E36 316i (97) the heater has never worked,
well it has to the extent that all it does is push out hot air into the interior.
Need to get this sorted somehow for when when the our hot summer comes :rofl
The only way to get cool air coming in is by pushing air through the side vents.

Cheers

Iain.

·
Registered
640 Posts
So you can still adjust from hot to cold, but just not get cold air throught the centre vents?
Do you have manual or digital climate control?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have manual dials, fan left, heat controls centre, position of air on the right.
The only way i can get cool air into the car is to position the right dial to the side vents.
The heater control makes no difference if the vents are pointing to the screen.

hope this makes sense.

Iain

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I have manual dials, fan left, heat controls centre, position of air on the right.
The only way i can get cool air into the car is to position the right dial to the side vents.
The heater control makes no difference if the vents are pointing to the screen.

hope this makes sense.

Iain
Thats part of the car design mate. You will always get hot air at the screen and only cold in the side/centre vents.

Engine temperature will come out at the foot vents regardless where the heat setting is once engine is upto temp.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It could be a simple control unit fault caused by the either/or both the heater control unit at the back of your unit or switch blower which is just behind that.
You can pick up a replacement one from about £5 at a breakers or about £10 on eBay.

Hope that helps mate :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts