BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why is it tht after i have had a complete engine refurb tht when i start the car with the air flow meter plugged in it stalls straight away but when i unplug it it runs relativly ok stall sometimes,(due to me not keeping revs up)?
Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
hi had the same problem. its something to do with if you got the battery connected when you unplug airflow meter! because the fault keeps registered in the ecu!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would say you have a air leak somewhere, unplugging the MAF will make the car run on a default DME map with set values, the default map will most likely throw more fuel in hence why it doesn't stall as much.

I would be checking for any air leaks first from split hoses, split vacuum pipes, split engine breather pipes or split induction pipes, also any valves and diaphragms that may have failed. Any air that is sucked into the engine should travel past the Air flow meter otherwise it will give you a running fault

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cheers well have changed the air fow meter and tht seems to have worked for now got slight slit in rubber boot which have temporarily tapped up but will sort out this weekend, thanks for help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts