BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there everyone.:thumbsup
can someone tell me what the best oil to use in my 523i thats just touched 100.000 mile mark please. thanks mark

·
Banned
344 Posts
can someone tell me what the best oil to use in my 523i thats just touched 100.000 mile mark please. thanks mark

Fuchs Titan 5w/40 fully synthetic will be just right.

GSF do that brand

or log onto opieoils.co.uk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use fuches 0W30... Its produced by silkolen but is alot cheaper (35 quid for 4 ltr's) Can be got from the OPIE OILS website!... Very very good service!

·
Registered
1 Posts
James Dixon

Hi ,
Forget the thin as water crap and run 10W50 fully/Semi synthetic. I have used this up until 200,000km and as it now sounds a bit coarse
I have switched to 15W40 semi synthetic for the last 20,000km. This ups the compression and gives a smoother quieter drive.
Unless you intend to thrash the nipples off it every weekend at the race track, fully synthetics are overkill.
A semi synthetic changed every 10,000km's(Don't forget to change your filter as well) a flush is also good, you will never sludge or damage your car and it should go beyond 400,000 kms.
Cheers Down under Australia James Dixon

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would use a 5w-40 synthetic and you will find those through the link below.

5w-40 engine oil | 5w40 oil

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. The Motul 8100 X-Cess, Millers XFS, Fuchs GT1 XTL/Supersyn, Gulf Formula G, Shell Helix and Mobil Super 3000 are good, cheaper alternatives.

Cheers

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts