BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the BMW game and was told when i purchased my 328i it had a motor swap from a 330ci. Sorry the title makes it seem like its the other way around. Is there anything I should be looking out for that could cause a problem or an easy way to tell if this is even true or not?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my car is a 1997. As for motor, the 330ci I was told it was an 03?? Sorry for the confusion again. Like I mentioned before I pretty much know nothing about BMWs so i might not make any sense. Im just going by what I was told.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was told.... not so good huh? I plan on doing some work to it down the road as far as motor and such, but for now its what i have to work with. any ideas??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see any problems with it and wasn't sure if I should keep my eyes open for any. It seems pretty snappy with a stage 3 clutch. The only issue is that in NY where I live you can't have the check engine light on for the car to pass inspection.. Mine is on and its throwing 7 different codes which I can't figure out.. It passed fine last year I guess so im going to start pulling it apart and the air intake and working my way up to the Intake manifold cleaning and hoping it helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have them written at home, im at work now. I believe they were, 2 involving fuel loops. 3 involving either low or no activity from o2 sensors. One was low coolant temp. and I can't remember the final. What is a lambda?

Thank you for being patient with me and helping out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts