BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I recently had koni spring & coilovers plus polymer bushes and under engine brace put in my e36 328i coupe so am going to get laser 4 wheel alignment done on my car, i have been quoted £40.
I have read that to do this properly weights should be put in the car on the corners of the car i was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to how this should be done properly and any recommendations with regard camber settings etc would be welcome.

Thanks...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Never neard of the putting weights in the car, i would say to make sure that when they have done the tracking you asking them to let you drive the car a few yards or push the car back and forwards a few feet and then have it re-checked, more so with the amount of work the you have done.

As it may still need abit of adjustment even if they think its tracked up correct the first time round (which is quite un-often).

For the sake of a few extra mins it could save the inside or outside of your tyres, sometimes tyre bays are all to quick to track a car and then send it out the door.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
A e36 Coupe M Technic settings are listed as......
Toe in 2mm, + or -1 (0 degrees,18' + or -8)
Camber 0 degrees, 51' N + or - 30'
Castor 4 degrees, 50' + or - 30'

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is recommended that the car is weighted to a particular measurement taken from the bottom of the wheel rim to the wheel arch lip, which usually requires weight to be added to the car, both front and rear. As the E36 is adjustable for camber and toe on the rear and also on the front, then a proper 4 wheel alignment is better than 4 wheel laser stuff that usually is only front tracking, with flags or scales on the rear wheels for reference only.
For more info see:-
http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/
http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

Hope this helps

·
Registered
292 Posts
i had a proper 4 wheel alignment carried out,he charged me £188 i asked him to set the rear wheels to 1 degree to prolong tyre life,i gotta say he did a good job on it :thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts