BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My bonnet is not shutting properly on the NS, when i get someone to move the bonnet catch from inside the car the catch moves on the OS but not much and seems " stuck in" on the NS. I have tried plus gas and wd40 with no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it?

Thanks for any replys...

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi,
My bonnet is not shutting properly on the NS, when i get someone to move the bonnet catch from inside the car the catch moves on the OS but not much and seems " stuck in" on the NS. I have tried plus gas and wd40 with no luck.

Thanks for any replys...

There are two cables that open your bonnet. One goes from the bonnet release to the first catch and then a separate cable goes from the first catch to the second. The second cable may have become stretched?

I wouldn't bother with WD40 I'd get some grease in there and spend some time opening and closing the bonnet to see if it free's up.:thumbsup

Has the bonnet catch ever been removed for any reason?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for any replys...
Ensure the catch is centred corretcly and not grazing on one side, also ensure the gas strut on that has not failed.... other than this can't really see what else can cause the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your replys , no the bonnet catch has not been out and the struts are fine..
The bit i'm talking about is not in the pic it's the bit No 16 goes into the car is right hand drive and it's the near side catch that does not seem to be moving

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, i have managed to pull out the little levers on both sides inside item 10 and cleaned and greased them so the bonnet is shutting on both sides. I suspect this will just be a temp fix and the cable may need looking at.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.