BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused i had cause to take my obc ( 7 button )out so as to access wiring behind, on replacing it the display it is now so dim as to be almost unreadable.
I've checked the 2 bulbs on the rear of the display, and these appear to be working ok, so im at a loss as to what ive done to cause this. Anybody any ideas ? Any advice or suggestions gratefully accepted, many thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ronnie,
Thanks for the reply - yep just been down to check them and the bulbs again too, all in working order, I also checked as much as i could see of the circuit board and doesnt appear to be any damage. display is working correctly but very dim.:confused

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im an idiot
Pulled the obc out again this afternoon (or whatever the thing is called) and on second inspection - in somewhat better light - discovered the both pea bulbs on the rear HAD indeed blown. The annoying thing is i have lots of spare bulbs, but BMW in their wisdom, have made bulb holders that need the whole thing exchanging :mad - more expense. Ah well, at least i know whats wrong now - dohh !!!:sarcastic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you steve23002, that information much appreciated, still bloody annoying that i have a shed full of these pee bulbs spare, and i cant use them. Ahh, the joys of BMW ownership - wouldn't change it for the world
Cheers Pete:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.