BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help my single button fob just stopped working batteries were changed about 6 weeks ago car was locked and alarmed so had to drive back from Tescos with alarm going off and wasnt pulled by police. Spoke to company i got car from there is an overide key point but they dont know where it is i have key funny shape like a ramraid post key round hollow with teeth on bottom, if anybody knows where key point may be and what problem i may have with fob that would be great.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Key post should be on the top of the siren under the bonnet mate. Its like a D lock key and it shuts the alarm system off. :thumbsup

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks steve23002 but i checked siren and there is nothing on it which will take a key and its bloody loud as bonnet has sensor and alarm goes off.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Can you post a pic of the alarm fob up? Ive got three different E36s here at the moment with three differnt fobs. I think i have some instructions for the fob type that ronnie has posted up above. :thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Have a look behind the glove box for the alarm module, also stuff a towel or blanket in and over the siren.

Also try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting with ignition on to see if it stops it, has worked for me before on a car with no fob

·
Registered
884 Posts
Can you post a pic of the alarm fob up? Ive got three different E36s here at the moment with three differnt fobs. I think i have some instructions for the fob type that ronnie has posted up above. :thumbsup
Yeah, could you post those instructions up anyway? I'm having problems with my alarm/locking system, it's a Sigma and like bully, my fob is like the one in the picture but all black. Mine has just stopped working altogether though!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hi guys. Ill scan the sigma instructions in for you later. Ill dig them out of our paperwork. Not sure if they will be the same but might help any way. :thumbsup

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Hi guys. Here are the instructions for the sigma alarm. Not sure if its the same but it might help. Sorry if the quality is poor but i put them in my photo bucket so hopefully you can save and enlarge them. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for info steve was still unable to find overide point think its behind dash was not going to attempt myself but by luck the place i brought car from strangley had a spare fob for my car which they forgot to give to me will wait on see if it works when i receive it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts