BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ive just bought a compact and the key fob is ok but it dont work the central locking any ideas as to what the problem is.....

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
What key fob style you got?

And have you checked the fuses?

Also could you remember to add the vehicle details in the thread title next time as per forum rules please, they have been done for you this time. It makes it far easier for people looking up help for their own problems or conversions.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
1. Get in and close all doors
2. Turn the ignition on & off quickly (no more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds
3. First key - hold down button #2 (unlock - on the bottom left with the key blade pointing up) while striking button #1 (lock - the BMW logo) three times. Release button #2. This should be confirmed by door lock operation.
4. If you have more than 1 key then you need to repeat for the other keys within 30 seconds of first or they will be rendered inactive.
5. After last key then cycle the ignition on/off to finalise the process (it is not necessary to start the engine).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no mate, i can push the lock down manually and lock the door that way and when i press unlock it opens. If i try to push the lock button nothing happens plus the key doesnt turn in doore lock ok everywhere else its doing my head in m8

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill try that m8, but im back ta work for 4 days so ill let you know whats happening when im off and thanks for ya help so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.