BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frowni have got the oppotunity to buy a full leather interior for my bmw 39, problem is my car has cloth manual seats at the mo, how hard would it be to swap the seats over? my car is a 11/1996 525tds se, also if fitting the electric seats proved to be to much hassle is it possible to put the leather seats on the manual bases?
many thanks for help in advance:frown

·
Registered
470 Posts
hi there - recently swapped my cloth searts in my 525d se (2001) E39 for a complete leather interior it was straightforward - just a couple of things to look out for - if the rear seats do not split at all then the neither should the leather ones split as then they will not fit - without looking I am not to sure how electric seats will work with a existing manual seat set up. Unless the wiring is already there for and electric seat set up then I do not know if it will work.......incidently I paid 185 + vat for a complete leather interior + 25 quid delivery.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£185, thats a good shout, where did you pick them up? cheers for the info, i have none split backs, and i am pretty sure the leather ones also are none split, but better double check that one, just incase!! suppose the best thing to probable do is the take one of the old seats out and check for any additional wiring! also another quick one, whats it like replacing the door cards? are the airbags fixed to the door cards or inside the actual door itself? many thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
go to fabdirect.com they are a bmw breaker they do some good deals - they guy there on the interiors (christian is very helpful) sorry got the price wrong it was 245 inc vat which still is a very good price.....apologies....I did the main seats and center console got my mechanic to do the door cards but i think the airbags are in the doors themselves.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello ronnie, thanks for the info, on the realoem site it looks as tho the wiring is just for seat heating? as i have manual seats now, will there be pre wireing for electrics seats somewhere in the car? i am not too fussed about having the seats heated if that makes any difference. also if i cant wire in the electric seats is it easy enough to swap the cloth parts of the manual seats for the leather parts? the seats in my car are standard cloth and the ones i am looking at are electric sports
many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts