BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello O wise 1's

my Dad's 523i - 1996 manual,

its difficult to start hot or cold, also when im driving and i press the acelerator the car does not respond well , espcially from a stationary postion or 1st gear it sort of has a flat spot , however once into 2nd or 3rd gear its moves but still it lacks accellaration.

I feel the car has power but not accellaration it feels restricted , can anyone advise what I should start to look at IE air mass sensor, camshaft sensor ETC

please help thanks

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh ur probaly right ,,,, I have actually replaced the cam sensor,,,any other suggestions welcomed

however how much do the diagnotics machines cost are they cheap ,can you recommend any?

cheers

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
yeh ur probaly right ,,,, I have actually replaced the cam sensor,,,any other suggestions welcomed

however how much do the diagnotics machines cost are they cheap ,can you recommend any?

cheers

Too be honest mate....if you are just looking for a cheap and cheerful diagnostic reader then you can get one for around 30 squids off ebay.......get the ELM type reader.......a few of our customers have these and I've seen them work- they are pretty good.......easy to use, simple but very useful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts