BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to the forum... so if this question has already been asked... please go easy on me!

OK... I have a '96 750i which has done 130000 and has complete BMW MD service history.

Recently... I renewed the main washer bottle (under wheel arch) and also several of the pumps... as the nozzles weren't performing well.

I now have the Driver's side working perfectly.... but the other side is still poor. Closer inspection has shown that one of the feeder pipes has broken off just before it joins the nozzle itself.

So my question is this....so the same thing doesn't happen again... how easy is it to access these pipes that run in the bonnet and am I best just to replace all of them at the same time?

I've been quoted £75 for the 6 sections of pipes by BMW... so has anyone got any advice/info on how to do etc?

Thnx for your help in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Split washer nozzle pipes E38 750i

Hi Neil

Thnx for your reply.

The diagram in question is PARTS F 2-JET INTENSIVE WINDSH.CLEANING

The pipes that need replacing are nos 2 3 4 5.

Any ideas as tothe easiest way to access them?

Thnx

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
They will be clipped on at the back of the bulkhead onto no. 14 behind the drain channels. Is there a possiblity for you to take a pic of this to refresh my memory please Richard? It's been a long time since I saw one last :blush.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again

Attached is a photo of where the 2 pipes (normal and intensive) enter the bonnet.

The actual washer jets are situated above the piece w!th the drop down arm thingy!

I'm no expert.... but it looks like I have to remove all the sound proofing material.... but will that give me access to the washer pipes?

Any advice or pointers would be great.... as I don't want to start dismantling something I needn't have!

If you need more photos... let me know

Regards

Richard

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK.. thnx for that.... I will let you know how I get on.

I try and keep the 750i in near mint condition.

Bought it for very little money a couple of years back....spent a bit on it.... now it looks fantastic.

I also have an E92 coupe... which hardly gets a look in;)

Touch wood.... I haven't yet experienced any real problems.

The car has done 130000 miles with FBMWSH.... BMW advise it doesn't need a gearbox oil service.

What do you guys think on this point. I intend to keep the car for a couple of more years... so want it to run spot on!

Thnx again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Resolved the problem today... managed to replace all pipes and connectors.... bit of a tricky job at times as the old pipes were old and very brittle.

Best access is gained by removing the grille on top of the bonnet and then gently pulling out the plastic "tray" which holds all the pipes.

Thnx once again for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.