BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have a problem with bonnet release on car had not been used for a couple of months .Started and run no problems .Car P reg 728i auto then a fortnight ago i noticed a water leak pulled bonnet release and snap cant open bonnet tried to open myself but cannot find any way in thought about taking grills out to see if i could gain access from there . Problem is do not want to drive to local B.M.W.dealer who was not very helpful.A couple of local garages have promised to come out but not turned up.The only way i can see to do it is by cutting bonnet which i do not want to do. If any one can help or advise. I know it would be a risk to put this on open forum but if a mod or someone can p.m. me i will give proof of ownership regards Alan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got it open. The rocker on the rear of the latch had bent and the wire holder snapped (due to the hoop and hook being corroded)
I managed to cut away part of the airduct through the grill and get my hand up through the back of the lock. Much pain and cursing later i managed to touch and slide the rocker and open.
Many thanks everybody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.