BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, whilst looking in my local breakers for a compact bumper i've come across an e36 saloon with dark grey cloth in excellent condition,
how much is involved to change interior over, is it a difficult task?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The front seats will fit easily but I think I'm right in saying the rears will not fit.

If someone can prove differently then I would appreciate very much:thumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks A20 RYM, its for my saloon not my compact - front seats easy, the back seats pop out i'v read, door cards - how easy are those? do the clips all break when you pull, as if they do ill buy some 1st.
(was in breaker looking for bumper for my compact when i spotted interior for my saloon-didn't mean to confuse,sorry)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Buy some clips, I always break mine:hihi

Don't worry about confusion, words can be read in soo many different ways (so I've learnt):rofl

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Hi rear seat base just pull up and out the rear back rest has two little black plastic nuts at the bottom behind the seat belt buckles either side (which can be undone without removing the buckles just!) then pull the top of the back rest to the front of the car to unclip the top and then it'll slide out, the door trims have two torx screws under little bungs behind the handle to pull the door shut, slide the door opening handle surround towards the front of the car and pull off and and un screw the lock knobs, the trim clips can break but if your carefull and gently pull the top first you should just be able to see the top clips and pull the door trim exactly where each clip is working your way around the trim from there

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers back seats came out easy, popped caps off doorcard but gotta go buy some torx shapes/door clips . seems easy enough. cheers

·
Registered
710 Posts
Definately buy some of the door card clips. If they have been in since new, then they can be guaranteed to break!

Ill have a look and let you know what size Torx bit you require for the door cards. Don't forget to take it easy with the drivers door, as there is also the electric mirror adjustment to take the plug off too along with the speaker.

Reactions: itsabeema

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
had a look and its a little star shape, when i do remove the doorcards (which will be over the next couple of days) are there any tips to improve the speed of my lecky window as its slow when opening/closing. or do i start another thread?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts