BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am after a replacement key for my newly acquired beemer.

Does anybody know if my key has a transponder in it or can I just get a blank key? I have a seperate fob for the alarm / immobiliser.

Many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
701 Posts
my 1999 e36 has a transponder in the key, what year is your car? open the key up and see if there is a small chip located inside, if it does you need to go to bmw with proof of ownership and id and they will order one for you £30

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks Ronnie.

I have a seperate fob for the alarm on the car so that is not an issue. I'll give the key a try then and take apart the spare one I have to put the chip in.

Does the chip just clip in on the inside?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new to this forum so apologies for hijacking this post. I was wondering how i can get a new fob for my alarm, i bought the car a few days ago and was blinded by its beauty i forgot to ask the dealer!!

is it possible to get a new fob?

thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi, new to this forum so apologies for hijacking this post. I was wondering how i can get a new fob for my alarm, i bought the car a few days ago and was blinded by its beauty i forgot to ask the dealer!!

is it possible to get a new fob?

thanks
Please can you start a new thread:thumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.