BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was driving a M3 and heard at rattling noise under neath, when i got home i looked under neatch and there is something missing looks to be a pump of some king, its belt driven and sits and the o/s and is at the bottom part of the engine, any ideas what it was it had 1 electrical plug and a big pipe going to it, This on has fell off and gone so need to no what it is to get another one? any ideas? it runs off the vibration damper pulley by the looks of it ?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
its the flux capicitor, now you cant travel through time, what a shitter that is :mad
:hihi

sounds like it could be the aux air pump, if it is then its probably a good thing it fell off.......they are shite.

it is a big old unit though........if it did fall off, how did that come about??!!

you need to plug up the pip that goes to the engine. If it indeed is the air pump, then just plug up the pipe, tie the connector to one side, double check nothing else is loose around there:eek

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thanks mate, yes it did look like what you said, It still drove well so it must be that will it change the performance of the car? Cheers Ryan

We remove the air pump on all our E36 M3's.........they inject warm air into the engine to lean the mixture down upon start up- they only run for about 5 secs or so and then switch off.

Don't need it, will not hamper performance. and will not mess about with emisions...........don't wory about it dude:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
:hihi

sounds like it could be the aux air pump, if it is then its probably a good thing it fell off.......they are shite.

it is a big old unit though........if it did fall off, how did that come about??!!

you need to plug up the pip that goes to the engine. If it indeed is the air pump, then just plug up the pipe, tie the connector to one side, double check nothing else is loose around there:eek

When I fitted my Motorsport lump I ensured there was never any chance the air pump could fall off:thumbsup....

It never got fitted:rofl

Like Ray says bung the pipe and tie out of the way. You have just created more power from your Beemer and reduced it's weight:hihi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.