BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all i have a major problem as thread title my question is i have done hundreds of head gaskets just not on a bmw with the fabulously complicated vanos unit and to be honest have never seen a setup on the cam gears quite like this???!! has anyone done one before? i have looked on my autodata and it recomends 13.7 hours labour!!!!!!! and knowing autodata i can probably add a few to that!!:rofl do you have to get all the bmw specific locking tools for camshafts and crank,pre tensioner ect, totaly baffled by the cam gears:confused im basically at the stage where everythin is off bar gears with chain cams, only head bolts after that, lot bigger job than anticipated!!!!!!! lol! thanks in advance for any help:thumbsup Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all i have a major problem as thread title my question is i have done hundreds of head gaskets just not on a bmw with the fabulously complicated vanos unit and to be honest have never seen a setup on the cam gears quite like this???!! has anyone done one before? i have looked on my autodata and it recomends 13.7 hours labour!!!!!!! and knowing autodata i can probably add a few to that!!:rofl do you have to get all the bmw specific locking tools for camshafts and crank,pre tensioner ect, totaly baffled by the cam gears:confused im basically at the stage where everythin is off bar gears with chain cams, only head bolts after that, lot bigger job than anticipated!!!!!!! lol! thanks in advance for any help:thumbsup Adam

Get yourself a copy of TIS and enjoy... Not a job for the faint hearted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts