BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi ive just fitted some ac schtnitzer coilovers. i cant remember which way the camber plate goes back in / which way is the arrow supposed to point.

ive refitted it with the arrow facing to the front of the car.im not sure this is right as the wheel appears to be closer in the arch to the front bumper than the rear of the arch.
i hope these photos help explain it a bit more im not to technical.cheers

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I had this exact problem when I tried fitting my M3 hubs using my 318is front struts, The wheel moved closer to the front bumper. Once I had replaced my 318is G-Max units for my M3 H&R units the problem was cured.

I will check the tops of my struts tomorrow as yours do look as though they are positioned differently:confused

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
cheers that would be great.
No problem:thumbsup

Your car looks awesome, love the plate too:cool

I have recently added a dave f induction kit to mine. I notice it looks as though this is what you may be running too. I've not had a chance to see what it's like as mine is off the road but I'd be interested to know what you think:thumbsup

I'm also still waiting to fit my Milltek de-cat section too:hyper

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not to sure if the dave-f did much to improve power,but its quiet at low revs but comes alive when you boot it.ive just de-catted mine but i just removed them and had removable pipes fitted for the mot.is there much difference with race cats?
got evosport pulleys and a spal fan delete happening this week,then remap/dastek unichip next week.opefully will improve my 1/4 mile.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I had a look at my struts this evening and the threaded part that the strut top mount secures onto sits bang in the centre of the turret hole:thumbsup

This may be due to me using the old 318is tops though, I don't think I swapped them:confused

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers for checking,i had a couple of 325 s and im pretty sure they were dead centre.
if anybody else with an m3 could av a look that would be great.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers everyone ive sorted it and they are correct. I bought a dvd manual that bmw use.its fantastic the detail and ease of use is great.wish id bought it years ago,just a eight quid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts