BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brake light problem - Need help with my E36 328ic because right brake light is not working. Tried fuse & bulb but still can't get it to work. The back lights and the other 2 brake lights work.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Does your car have check control?

(Check control cars are wired differently, plus you should have some text on the check control)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The 7, 8 or 11 button Multi Information Display below the heater or the 18 Button on board computer in the same location.

However, as you ask I would assume you do not have one. The reason for asking is check control cars have both brake light circuits wired separately from the switch backwards.
Is this a new problem or did you but they car with this as a pre-existing problem?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yes, it has check control. I bought the car new in '96 and it is a recent problem.
Then your check control should be displaying "Check Brake Light" or "Check Brake Circuit" Is it?

On check control cars the brake light switch on the pedal is notorious for failing. However, you should verify if you have power on the correct pin in the tail light plug and if not that there is power at the correct pin on the brake light switch when the pedal is pressed, and none when not pressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts