BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people, iv bought myself some 19s for my E36 and was woundering about stretched tyres.
Is there any upsides and downsides to using them? Never had stretched tyres on a car before so need some help :embarrassed :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Massive in the dub scene! Have a look on wheel whores for plenty of pics and inspiration. I know a few members on here have done them (Lilo, BigBen etc).

I really like the look of them but dont know how safe Id feel flying down the motorway with them on and suddenly BANG!!! :eek

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Massive in the dub scene! Have a look on wheel whores for plenty of pics and inspiration. I know a few members on here have done them (Lilo, BigBen etc).

I really like the look of them but dont know how safe Id feel flying down the motorway with them on and suddenly BANG!!! :eek
Exactly my thoughts, woundering how easy they will pop off the rim as there under alot of strain anyway....

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Exactly my thoughts, woundering how easy they will pop off the rim as there under alot of strain anyway....
Maybe its just my 'clueless' view as I dont know much about them. But theres plenty of info out there. Maybe a 'mid' stretch would be the best of both worlds :cool

Ive seen some show cars with CRAZY stretch!! :eek

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I had moderate stretch on my 19" LM reps on my last car, no problem at all even when doing long motorway journeys at 80mph plus..

I had 225/35-19 tyres on a 9.5j rim and it looked great.. no worse way of ruining a lovely new rim than putting a big fat dohnut around it..

Check out www.tyrestretch.com for inspiration..

Also another plus is the tyres will be slightly cheaper :thumbsup

Reactions: chasman

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
this is the 225 tyre in question:

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yes mate..

I just noticed that your buying off Mark (extreme wheels).. thats who I got my LM reps off so I'm assuming your getting staggered?? 8.5j and 9.5j?

You want 215/35-19 on the front and 225/35-19 on the back.. Falkens take stretch very well so they'd be a good choice..

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes mate..

I just noticed that your buying off Mark (extreme wheels).. thats who I got my LM reps off so I'm assuming your getting staggered?? 8.5j and 9.5j?

You want 215/35-19 on the front and 225/35-19 on the back.. Falkens take stretch very well so they'd be a good choice..
Thats correct mate :thumbsup
cool ill take a look now, thanks for the help :thumbsup

·
Registered
809 Posts
I fitted slightly stretched tyres to my last car 255/35 R19 on a 9J Rim

[/IMG]

the "BIG" problem is that even with the tyre sidewall protector your alloy wheels (VERY EXPENSIVE whose main job are to look good!) are totally vulnerable to getting kerbed, no matter how careful you are! parking is a mare`.

At the end its your personal choice, but the correct ET fitment can give a very sorted look ie. wheel rim on the Max Width without compromising your wallet and looks.

Dunk

·
BFuk Resident Design Guru
2,834 Posts
Yes mate..

Its 235's mike!! ;)

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its 235's mike!! ;)

How the hell aint you curbed these dude? :eek i live on a main road so im going to either curb the wheels or be so far away from the curb my car will get him.... what a choice :rofl
Have to get them pimp curb crawler things put onto it :hihi cant be curbing my new wheels :eek

·
2,834 Posts
How the hell aint you curbed these dude? :eek i live on a main road so im going to either curb the wheels or be so far away from the curb my car will get him.... what a choice :rofl
Have to get them pimp curb crawler things put onto it :hihi cant be curbing my new wheels :eek
Well you just have to be carefull and wind that passenger wing mirror down! :rofl

If your wanting the same as me n mike then you need 235/35's on the back.. excuse my collegues ignorance.. :lol

Took me a long time with tyre stretch calculators to work that out! :lol

19's will be massive on a E36! :eek

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well you just have to be carefull and wind that passenger wing mirror down! :rofl

If your wanting the same as me n mike then you need 235/35's on the back.. excuse my collegues ignorance.. :lol

Took me a long time with tyre stretch calculators to work that out! :lol

19's will be massive on a E36! :eek
seriously??? iv ordered 225s for the rear :eek

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOW!!! They look really cool. Maybe for shows. Not sure if I'd trust em on a London rd. though, pot holes, curbs, rd humps etc......but nice.

·
2,834 Posts
B****KS! :hihi better get on that phone soon. would 245s b a safer bet? or will 235s be fine?
Nah 245 is a gay number... infact 245/35's are hard to get in 19's! ;)

WOW!!! They look really cool. Maybe for shows. Not sure if I'd trust em on a London rd. though, pot holes, curbs, rd humps etc......but nice.
I live in the scottish highlands mate.. roads ere are worse than london! ;) :hihi

1 - 20 of 36 Posts