BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i brought my 1st bmw 328i yesterday and it was all fine when buying it etc got it home put a stereo init and on the live wire it had a resistor so i cut it out thinking nothing of it. After i installed the head unit (which i have done many times) the car took over 8 turns of the key to fire it will turn over just wont fire. So was wondering if anyone knew what this could be? i took the radio back out etc but didnt change anything. Sometimes it starts 1st time but most of the time takes atlease 6 turns of the key it feels like it has an immobiliser stopping the engine from firing, but its got the standard bmw alarm on it? any help would be grately appreciated! Sam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not the starter motor it actually turns over it just wont fire. ive just disconnected the battery and put it back on still no difference. i notice that just before it turns over the little red LED light by the gearstick flashes quickley. Im thinking maybe its to do with the immobiliser? i dont know which bmw alarm it is as the stickers on the back of the fob (which is a big black thing and has 2 buttons on it red (on) and white (off)) has rubbed off. once it actually starts it runs smooth and sweet as a nut so nothing to do with spark plugs etc.....

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts