BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You are not supposed to resurface a DMF, but some cowboys get them done :hihi

Not me though, many places don't bother replacing them, they just put another clutch on them

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
fwiw fella, I got mine from GSFCP, an LUK Dual Mass one was about £295 IIRC + £105 for my LUK clutch kit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
does the auto tranny get the cars mph speed info from a speedo cable attached to the gearbox ?? because i cant see a plug on the manual box to plug a speedo cable into ! im puzzled :hihi

basically how will the speedo work once ive finished the swap over ? ta pid :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
does the auto tranny get the cars mph speed info from a speedo cable attached to the gearbox ?? because i cant see a plug on the manual box to plug a speedo cable into ! im puzzled :hihi

basically how will the speedo work once ive finished the swap over ? ta pid :thumbsup

I think the speed sensor will be on the diff mate.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i dont have to worry about the speedo during conversion ? sorry for dumb questions its just that i wanna do the job right the 1st time :thumbsup im only doing this job once lol :hihi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.