BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fitted a scorpion back box and a dave f (KN) induction kit to my 328.

Scorpion back box is lovely sounding very very deep exhaust note system, but over 5000rpm it sorta drowns out.

Thinking of removing the silencers out the midsection BUT DO NOT WANT TO REMPOVE MY CATS, ive heard plenty of decatted 328s and its not the sound i want to go for.

Anyone removed silencers on their e36 6 cyclinder before and got good results??????

·
Registered
189 Posts
Think you might be in trouble for the title m8 !!!!! I removed my middle silencer and sounded excellent.

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
yeh thats how they sound mate, sound best at about 2k - 4k its just the way they are. Dont de-cat it, you wont get any benifits from it :thumbsup check on youtube and they will all be the same

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers fellas, why am i guna be in trouble for my title? so defo removing my exhaust silencers is the way forward?

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
cheers fellas, why am i guna be in trouble for my title? so defo removing my exhaust silencers is the way forward?
It should be titled for example :- 1996 E36 328i - Exhaust question

or something similar

and yes removing the sillencer will make it alot more louder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chaseman did you have to replace the silencers with pipes or isit just a case of removing the out pipe casing or the baffle inside the pipes?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Thanks mate, but I genuinely hate it now! It's exhausting driving around in a DD like this one. I love the sound, but on a dedicated track car. I hope to fit a sound resonator soon and quite down the things a bit. :hihi It will still sound nice (I hope) but a bit less decibels!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Well, if that's the sound you're looking for, decat and straight pipes all the way to the rear muffler. But you should also consider long trips and daily driving, it might be a bit too much. Especially under load, between 2000-3000RPM. That deep tone in low revs is so strong that it makes the rear windows vibrate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a lovely sound but in a convertable with the roof down probly wouldnt hear myself think! I reckon m3 headers and removing the exhaust silencers should give me a bit more of a deeper grunt, hopefully

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It will definitely be enough, imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts