BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for m3 clear rear lights for a 96 e36 coupe im after genuine bmw lights,ive just noticed when looking on ebay there are some lights advertised saying light checker/check control ??? whats all this about then ? :confused

update

i have an 18 button obc so im guessing i will need lights with check control ?? ta pid

·
Registered
478 Posts
They are to do with your dashboard and it telling you if your lights are working or not..... I got problems with my E39 because I had Xenons which told my car they were broken, until I turned them on....

Tom

·
Platinum BFuk Member
882 Posts
If I were you I'd go for the check control, as thats what you have. Try and stay away from none original lights, there poorly made I bought a set and the bulb holders kept falling out this was causing the check control to flash "tail light failure" as soon as you put on the lights,or when you pressed the brake. total waste of money. Got a set of salvaged M3 lights for it.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
If I were you I'd go for the check control, as thats what you have. Try and stay away from none original lights, there poorly made I bought a set and the bulb holders kept falling out this was causing the check control to flash "tail light failure" as soon as you put on the lights,or when you pressed the brake. total waste of money. Got a set of salvaged M3 lights for it.
And they fill up with water....:mad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.