BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Yes but you may as well remove the unit too and blank off the rubber hose that is for the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (if it's like my M-Power engine)

The pump may seize otherwise and become useless:frown

What I have explained above is exactly what I did with my air con pump:thumbsup

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for letting me now. Im never going to use the aircon as it dont really work thats y im taking the belt off, Will look at it later to see how hard it is to get the pump off lol.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Thanks for letting me now. Im never going to use the aircon as it dont really work thats y im taking the belt off, Will look at it later to see how hard it is to get the pump off lol.
So long as you have good access to the underside of the car then removal is not that difficult.:thumbsup

By doing this you may free up an extra BHP or two and make the car lighter:hihi

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a look under the car. Its hard to get to the belt. lol.But it looks ok to get at the aircon.
What will i have to take off all together mate? Belt, Aircon, Rad. Anything else?
When u said up there^^ block the pipes up. How do I block them up?
Will i lose water from the coolant tank?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
My camera is bust at the moment but LiLo is coming up on Sunday to have his coilovers fitted and I know he's bringing his camera so I will try to get some pictures to help explain:thumbsup

I take it there is no immediate rush to carry out this task?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Had a look under the car. Its hard to get to the belt. lol.But it looks ok to get at the aircon.
What will i have to take off all together mate? Belt, Aircon, Rad. Anything else?
When u said up there^^ block the pipes up. How do I block them up?
Will i lose water from the coolant tank?
May be worth having your air con system drained as the system is pressurised - Not something you want to mess about with yourself:thumbsup

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No there is no rush at the mo mate. Mite take the belt of 2moro if i can be bothered lol.
Im looking at this to incress my BHP thats all. i Now that its really nothing but its a extra 1 or 2 bhp.lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright mate just thought i would let u know, ive got the aircon off.lol took the aircon rad and fan, pump with all the pipes and everythin. all 2gether there was just under 3stone there. lol. had to see how much was there.lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.