BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys for keep asking so many questions, i just have so many things to sort on this car and it is my first e36, and since everything on every e36 is different i need to double check lol

as some of you know, my e36 had a front end bump, now i have replaced everything, but the grill surround doesn't line up, basically where the grill surround bolts up to that bit needs pulling out to make it line up, the slam panel?

I got very technical minded and pulled it out quite a lot but i cant get it perfect, using very high tech tools and techniques (tieing it to dads car and reversing)

If i replace the slam panel, out of 10 what are the chances of this fixing the grill surround line up problem?

Are all e36 slam panels the same? or am i going to be faced with only vert ones fit because a coupe one is 2 mm bigger and a saloon one is 3 mmm smaller LOL

Cheers guys, So close to get this car back to how it should be, and its all thank to you guys being precise and patient with my hundreds of topics.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a new grill, taken from a car that hadn't even had a scratch at the front lol

i just hope the bend isin the slam panel and not further into the engine bay chasis lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the links, looking at that picture it appears that if i do change the slam panel everything should line up.

grill surround doesnt line up with bumper, under the headlight, and doesnt line up where it screws to the arch,

bumper and wing and everything else looks lined up, bonnet etc, just the surround is out of place.

will grab one from scrapyard me thinks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts