BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replaced the vanos seals or the so called faulty washer / spring?

Mine is just starting to play up and im going to fix it before the summer, if we get one this year.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
When making a post about a problem with your car, Please list in your thread title...the MODEL, BODY SHAPE (eg E46) and YEAR of your car.

Please try and include as much relevant information into your post title and thread as possible...this enables people to actually offer useful advice to you..
For example
is a completely useless post!! Instead, include specifics about your cars problem and all other relevant information. A good title would be
1996 328i e36 - Vanos seals/spring/washer replacement question
Why thank you :shifty:

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=72

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say my info explains it really and my car dis tells people what car i have.

Other people put loads of crap on the forum and you pick on this, cheers for the crash course in posting and will know for next time.:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would say my info explains it really and my car dis tells people what car i have.

Other people put loads of crap on the forum and you pick on this, cheers for the crash course in posting and will know for next time.:thumbsup
"Vanos" as a thread title isn't descriptive, for someone like you who was looking for a Vanos Timing guide and or info on how it goes together do you really want to go through 10 pages if you had used the Search function?

Now if everybody like you titled it purely "Vanos" you could waste a lot of time looking for the info you wanted, hence why thread titles are important, it's not why we are ranked the number 1 BMW forum by the search engines for nothing.

And as I can't be checking on every forum section on this site all the time it explains why I'm on your case now ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.