BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Guys, I'm looking for a little assistance here.

Whilst my engine is out and easier to work on, I'd like to know what parts may need attention or are worth replacing to avoid future aggravation:thumbsup

I have a list that I have written out but I'd just like to see if there is anything else that you guys think of that I have overlooked:rofl

All advice and suggestion welcomed:D

Thanks in advance

A20 RYM

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would probably put a sump gasket on now while engines out if you are a hater of oil leaks, may even be worth doing rear main(seal behind flywheel)

Also I've moved your thread to the correct forum, please have a read of the forum rules regarding posting in the correct sections http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...delines-t1603/ :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You forgot to move it:rofl

Where did you intend on putting it:shifty:

I already have a sump gasket and I want to tackle it today. Do you happen to have the bolt refitting sequence and will they need to be torqued:frown

Where's my ruddy link for the seal behind the flywheel???:lol

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay guys, just a quick update:hihi

I have purchased a replacement water pump that has a metal impeller. I went for this as I had found on removal of the unit fitted to the OLD engine that it had cracked badly in five different places... So, whilst the replacement engine is out and waiting to go in I feel this is the ideal time to carry out the swap:thumbsup

I have also got a replacement thermostat as BMW's are renowned for having over heating problems:hihi

Other parts that will be fitted are a new flexi engine/servo hose, crankshaft seal, clutch, prop shaft coupling, glow plugs, inlet manifold gaskets, replacement V-belt, engine mounts and cam cover gasket. I also have a set of rear pads and brake sensor to be fitted too:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.