BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi gut.
I bought a bmw cabby. My last car was a legnum Maybe i'm used to a fast car 0 to 100mph in 9 secs.. Look them up and you will see. I did have a 323 hardtop and it was much faster than the cabby. I know they are heavy but i would have thought they might be quick. As a garage guy said, (you could lose it at any time without warning).. Ok i may lose it, but only on being knicked..Is there a way of finding out if say as the log book says it's a 2.5 litre. Does the 316/18/ look like the same engine. I could blow this off the road with a mini metro. there is a few pics of the engine here on my photobucket page

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk277/kenjin005/?start=0

hope someone can help.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
that looks like an M52 6 pot engine to me...

unfortunately they are heavy cars verts so 0-62mph is actually 8.6 secs for a 325i...

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Dunno mate but ive had a few 6 pot bimmers up to the 3.5 and although the 323 wasnt a rocket ship i wouldnt have said it was slow.

Maybe youve been spoiled with your last car:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank guys 0-62 in 8.6. I do know they are heavy to support the the car as no roof. Think i might go for an m3 cabby. But i must admit this is great on juice. So i suppose driving this is just a pose. BUT>>>what a colour of the int. I do suppose if you did lose it (laugh) you would'nt see the stain on the seat lol. But even so could do with a drivers seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts