BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Wonder if you can help. I've had a good search of these forums but not found anything that specifically relates to the issue I am facing. Advance thanks for the time to assist :

Car : 1996 323i Coupe ( much loved! )
Problem : Soaking wet carpet in rear passenger well ( carpet immediately behind passenger seat / left rear well )
Observations : I suspect the cause of the problem may be a perished window seal in the window immediately above the leak

Some questions :

1. If the rear passenger well is full of water, is this likely to be caused by a perished seal in the rear window? Are there other possible causes of this leakage?

2. If the seal is indeed the problem, what is the solution for this? If it's new seals, can you advise where they can be bought and how easy / hard a job it is to replace?

3. Are there any short term solutions for this problem, i.e. silicone? I am quite concerned about the longer term damage that may be caused by this water so I'm keen to get it patched up ASAP before a longer term fix.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Best thing to do is strip some of the interior out and then sit in the car with a torch while somebody sprays the car with a hose, it's how nearly all garages check for leaks.

Pay attention to the door rubbers and weather strips behind the door panel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts