BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps i have had my bmw for the last 2 years now but i cannot seem to find the heart to get rid of it i was gonna buy a new shape 328 but for some reason i cant lol. so my mechanic said he could put a 328 in to my 320, also he could change it to a manual, as i am bored of the auto!!

what are every ones thoughts on this as i am very intrested in gettin a bit more power to them rear wheels, he says i should buy a full car so all the bits are there, so i dont know were to start. i would of loved an m3 conversion but he says the fuel tank and all sorts are needed to be changed!

what should i do?

also can any one recommend a good sprayer for the east midalnds im in nottingham.

·
Registered
454 Posts
get as much as you can for the conversion including ECU, EWS, keys pedal box, airflow meter, exhaust, drive shaft.
the diff and axels on a 320 are the small case from 4 cylinder so with a 2.8 in there you will have some fantastic acceleration:D but higher rpm on the motorway;)
you will probably only break the diff or axels if you doing loads of burnouts:eek

·
Registered
401 Posts
ill sell my engine cheap, its on the bay at the minute but if you want it ill take it down.
ive took everything out of the engine bay and the ignition barrel, ill chuck in the radiator aswell since you will need the extra cooling, ihavnt got the diff or prop or exaust tho, ive left the manifold on so fabbing up the exaust wouldnt be a problem, if you want it just let me know, its from a 96 with 144k price reflects mielage

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
ill sell my engine cheap, its on the bay at the minute but if you want it ill take it down.
ive took everything out of the engine bay and the ignition barrel, ill chuck in the radiator aswell since you will need the extra cooling, ihavnt got the diff or prop or exaust tho, ive left the manifold on so fabbing up the exaust wouldnt be a problem, if you want it just let me know, its from a 96 with 144k price reflects mielage
Wheres my thanks for mentioning it for you :hihi

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh im looking for the 2.8, but i dont know if what you have will be enough. i would deffo prefer to buy a full car, with a few less miles. what would the price be for what you have.

·
Registered
401 Posts
you probably are better of with a full car but try and find one!
ill sell mine for 250, bfuk discount! try and find another m52 2.8 for that
keep checking my ebay listing, might get it for less although ive got 4 watchers and its only been on less than a day

·
Registered
401 Posts
nothing wrong with the engine, just high mileage but its always been looked after, the last oil change it had was castrol gtx, wich was about 300 miles ago, it never overheated and never used oil or water. pulled fine in all gears and never had any hesitation apart from the 2.5k flatspot they all suffer with i never noticed that tbh.
im asking 300 on ebay but ill do it to a bfuk member for 250 providing you make a small donation to the forum, 5 quid if you like dosnt matter aslong as you do and boostist confirms it.
everythin is there apart from the clocks wich i couldnt be bothered to get out,
engine, box, wiring harness from the engine bay, ive kept the radiator incase you need it, ive also ripped out the ignition so you have 2 keys and the barrel wich you need for it to run.
at 250 is a steal. check ebay etc for prices, they got for a lot more. if anyother parts are needed it wouldnt be hard to source theres plenty of e36's in the scrappers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.