BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps i went to fill up today and after i left the shop my car was hot so i had it bled but its still getting hot what could this be my heater is very hot!!. could it be the viscous fan??

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
it could be,but it might also be a thermostat problem or blocked (silted up) rad...or indeed a broken/slipping water pump
(this is in the wrong forum btw ;) )
Ill second this:thumbsup
With the engine OFF check the fan by turning it by hand. If you feel no resistance or very little you will need a new fan. If you have not changed them, like Mark just said change the thermostat and water pump ASAP. Make sure you get a metal impeller pump from Gsf though. I really wouldnt drive it if it is overheating that much as these do not like getting hot :frown

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill second this:thumbsup
With the engine OFF check the fan by turning it by hand. If you feel no resistance or very little you will need a new fan. If you have not changed them, like Mark just said change the thermostat and water pump ASAP. Make sure you get a metal impeller pump from Gsf though. I really wouldnt drive it if it is overheating that much as these do not like getting hot :frown
alright thanks chaps there is no resistance on the viscous, and also i noticed a couple weeks ago the temp went down as i was goin down the M1:eek

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definatly change the fan coupling, stat and water pump Mainblazer. Shouldnt cost more that £100 from GSF. Its worth it to save future probs mate :thumbsup
yes mate i will take your advice they will be changed in the morning if euro car parts have the bits! thanks steve i had the overheating before but that was my cap for the expansion tank, the seal had gone! its definately a different fault lol:confused

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let us know how you get on. Just check the pump has the metal impeller before you leave the shop :thumbsup
Also remember to follow the advise on here about bleeding the system. :thumbsup
i will do thanks i didnt realise there ia a gsf near to me so i will get the parts from them! do you know if the prices on the site are + vat or not

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright chaps my car is now running sweet again tank you very much!! i changed what i was told and the problem disapared the parts were £101.86 from gsf. my friend fitted it all for nothing what a good mate lol well i sorted him a drink wicj he didnt want!! ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.