BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1996 E36 318iS What is this exactly?? SOLVED

I found out that it's this thing...whatever it is...thats causing the annoying clicking and not the alternator (few pennies saved there.... I hope :sarcastic )

If any one could shed some light on this sensor thing...I've lost my haynes manual.. ironically at a time when I need it, it grows legs a flees faster than a mouse after cheese!! :shifty:

(SLOVED)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your car not starting? Charge the battery-it'll click if the battery hasn't enough juice
I've changed the battery, car starts fine. Always has, it clicks now and then... maybe it's flawed?

What is it? :confused

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:banghead

can't it on REAL OEM ether.... it must be something with the fuel supply... right?

·
Registered
106 Posts
If i was to hazard a guess, I'd probably say it could be something to do with ABS considering where it is. But to be honest, I have no idea.\

You could always unplug it and see what doesnt work afterwards, checking the fault code if it gives one, BUt you had probably get a more definite idea from a more experienced member :D

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i was to hazard a guess, I'd probably say it could be something to do with ABS considering where it is. But to be honest, I have no idea..

You could always unplug it and see what doesnt work afterwards, checking the fault code if it gives one, BUt you had probably get a more definite idea from a more experienced member :D
I would of done that... but I had my sensible head on unfortunately and so asked on here first :D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
That's your carbon canister.
As far as I'm aware, it's where the fuel vapours from the tank go which then gets 'injected' into the inlet when the engine is warm to burn off.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys :thumbsup

Time to get some rubber bits... as it seems to say.

But god...it is soooo annoying to listen to! :grumpy

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah iv read u can put a rubber bung behind it and it wil stop the clicking 5 min job as far as i know i heard mine this morning x
trust me...it gets soooooo annoying after a while... I was ready to tare the alternator.... but wasn't willing to spend £130 bucks on a new one.. until I sure of the issue! But thanks to the knowledge of "more brainy" people on here all is solved :cool

Gotta love this forum :hihi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts