BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite sold my saxo today, ordering wheels tmoz and looking to get some new speakers n headunit. im not running a sub or amping the speakers, just going to replace the stock speakers and change the headunit, im looking for a nice alpine unit (already have the ipod lead) upto 150 quid and want to replace the speakers. i belive the front are already components as standard, does anybody know the size? and are the rear speakers components or coaxls? also what size. help would be great :hihi (going for hertz components if they fit)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
You can replace the 4" rear speakers that are housed in their own sealed box beneath the parcel shelf with some adapters that will house a pair of 6x9's or 8" round speakers:thumbsup

There is a link supplied in other threads within this section:thumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice 1, cheers lads, wont be running a amp in this car, dont want anything great just better than the crappy stock speakers. found the 6x9 adapters on ebay for about 20 quid, probably spend about 40 quid on some 6x9 and pick up some front componets for 90 quid.all run of the headunit as i cant afford to buyt amps n wires(spend 150 quid just on cable in my last car :O) just want a nice cheap system to listen to

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
nice 1, cheers lads, wont be running a amp in this car, dont want anything great just better than the crappy stock speakers. found the 6x9 adapters on ebay for about 20 quid, probably spend about 40 quid on some 6x9 and pick up some front components for 90 quid.all run of the head unit as i cant afford to buy amps n wires(spend 150 quid just on cable in my last car :O) just want a nice cheap system to listen to
Some people don't realise the importance of wiring, seems you've experienced before though. Gets rather expensive doesn't it:hihi

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep, 7 quid a meter of 4gauge for the power
7 quid a meter of 4 gauge for the earth (always redo the main 3)
4 quid a meter for the speaker cable
20 quid per gold batt terminal
7 quid for 4 gold cable ends
the list can go on and on
all adds up lol

but sooo worth it in the end

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
yep, 7 quid a meter of 4gauge for the power
7 quid a meter of 4 gauge for the earth (always redo the main 3)
4 quid a meter for the speaker cable
20 quid per gold batt terminal
7 quid for 4 gold cable ends
the list can go on and on
all adds up lol

but sooo worth it in the end
Yep, try using zero gauge:eek

I never throw away any cut offs as you never know when you might decide to add something or maybe start an install on another car:rofl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.