BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

As some of you will know that I have just taken out my Airbag Steering Wheel and put in a NON-airbag M-Technik II Wheel.

I still have my SRS light on and taking the fuse out will not turn it off.

How do I get it off?

I know you can just take out the bulb but I was woundering if there is another way round it...

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Remove bulb/ tape inside of cluster. Keep your old wheel as there's talk of airbag light being an mot fail soon (may not happen though). It'd probably still fail with the bulb taken out as they'll see it's not lighting up when the ignition is turned on.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remove bulb/ tape inside of cluster. Keep your old wheel as there's talk of airbag light being an mot fail soon (may not happen though). It'd probably still fail with the bulb taken out as they'll see it's not lighting up when the ignition is turned on.
Surely they will see that it has been retro-fitted with a Non airbag as Airbags are not compulsory

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Don't know how it'll work tbh. Might not happen at all. If the testers are told an airbag light is a fail, then they'll have to fail it regardless of what wheel is fitted. Load of shite if you ask me. All I'm saying is keep the original just in case!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know how it'll work tbh. Might not happen at all. If the testers are told an airbag light is a fail, then they'll have to fail it regardless of what wheel is fitted. Load of shite if you ask me. All I'm saying is keep the original just in case!
I have heard of this too about the "NEW" MOT test rule this is why I want it off :hihi

Last time I took out the fuse it turned it off - that was with the airbag wheel still on...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking is there a way to wire the airbag to think it is still there?

Cheers!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Honestly, its so easy to remove the cluster to take the bulb out, that its not worth messing around...:thumbsup
Even IF the new MOT rules do come into force, they wont be able to fail yours because your new steering wheel doesnt have an airbag fitted and will have no warning lamp....;)
Not all E36's had airbags either...:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, its so easy to remove the cluster to take the bulb out, that its not worth messing around...:thumbsup
Even IF the new MOT rules do come into force, they wont be able to fail yours because your new steering wheel doesnt have an airbag fitted and will have no warning lamp....;)
Not all E36's had airbags either...:thumbsup
Cheers Steve!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys,

As some of you will know that I have just taken out my Airbag Steering Wheel and put in a NON-airbag M-Technik II Wheel.

I still have my SRS light on and taking the fuse out will not turn it off.

How do I get it off?

I know you can just take out the bulb but I was woundering if there is another way round it...

Cheers!

got a reset tool for rental ? easy to use plug in and reset ? pm me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts