BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys rate these calipers, its a bit later as I have already bought them and waiting for my mechanic to be free hoping it will be this afternoon!

This is all due because my brakes are sticking and they have done this before so change front pads and discs and cleaned calipers that sorted it for a few months ago now its back!

So the solution is change the calipers didnt want to pay £236 for calipers from BMW so went with the PAGID ones any one got these?

Sorry if this dont make sense been up all night on a night shift :sarcastic

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I forgot to ask what paint do need to paint them and a link would be handy!! Also do I really need to leave it 24hrs to dry?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
my mate has some tbh you cant notice a difference.
when i painted my old saxo vts calipers i just used normal spray paint, was fine never came of etc. just sanded them down and sprayed no primer or lacque aswell.

·
Registered
701 Posts
i normaly use hamerite mate and never left it 24 hours . touch dry will do as you dont want dust sticking to them.
for my current neon ornage i used a stuff from b n q cauled project paint in a rattle can

·
Registered
247 Posts
Pagid are (were) one of BMW's suppliers, they now mainly use Jurid. I have in my boot right now e46 pagid front calipers, discs and pads as part of the refit. Good quality components - no problems at all on quality...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Also I forgot to ask what paint do need to paint them and a link would be handy!! Also do I really need to leave it 24hrs to dry?
The calipers are nickel electro plated, worth giving them an alcohol wipe (use cheap vodka if you like) then high temperature prime, top and lacquer. It will never get better than a new caliper so worth spending a little time on it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts