BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here as I’ve only just bought my first BMW and need some help.

Currently my windows both seem to actuate off the same switch (pressing the drivers switch down makes the drivers window go down and the passenger go up or just “clunk” about as though it’s stuck) but do work independently as well. It takes a few presses of the switch to make the window move although a double-press usually budges it. Bringing the window up stops it about 1/4 the way up and it goes back down.

Now the doors! Passenger door seems fine, drivers door gets stuck so I have to stick my arm out of the window, lock and unlock the door with the keys, and then open it from the inside to get out which is not ideal.

This all happens intermittently and sometimes everything seems fine. I’ve stuck this all on the same post because I know the windows drop a little to let the doors open and because both are faulty it seems to be linked? Hopefully it’s something I can fix myself! Any help appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts