BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a 318is p reg m42 engine had it put on a pc today fault code p0130 sensor bank 1 circuit open (no signal from sensor ) does any1 know what this meens and were i will find the sensor at fault thae car runs on neet fuel and misfires at idle please help me to find the fault thankyou mark :thumbsup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for fast reply so i take it the sensor is on the front exhaust /down pipe is this correct and are they easy to change ?any idear of a price for the part thankyou for all your help mark

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
The lambda sensor will be on the front pipe of your exhaust and the only trouble you may have is if the sensor has corroded in position:thumbsup

Easily accessible from underneath the car:D

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
thankyou will get under there as soon as i get chance and look ur a star cheers mark
No worries mate,

When checking my information I found that it shows your car as having the M44 engine not the M42.

If you PM me the last 7 digits of your chassis number I can run your details and find out for sure so that you have the correct engine number for future reference:thumbsup

I think the M42 was used in earlier production 38iS coupe's. It seems thay may have only used the M42 engine with a auto box on a 1996:confused

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is an odd one..

The corsa i was doing this weekend had P0130 (O2 sensor - not present)

However - when I used a vauxhall specific OBD2 software, it was reading the O2 sensor and it was switching well.

I beleive that the code picks up when the car is running unusually lean, not neccesarily when its not working. Sometimes the MAF triggers it apparently.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[QUOTE=A20 RYM;91044]No worries mate,

When checking my information I found that it shows your car as having the M44 engine not the M42.

If you PM me the last 7 digits of your chassis number I can run your details and find out for sure so that you have the correct engine number for future reference:thumbsup

I think the M42 was used in earlier production 38iS coupe's. It seems thay may have only used the M42 engine with a auto box on a 1996:confused[/QUOTE]

will post numbers tonight for u to check thanx mate

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i start the car it runs but misses on idle the mpg gauge on the dash runs off the scale 0 mpg and it stinks rich of fuel also back fires when droping its revs back to idle if u rev it up will have a look for sensor tonight after work my problem is its lowered 60mm and a sod to get a jack under it lol thanx for all your help all of u

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i unpluged the lamba sensor and started the car it runs the same with it unpluged removed sensor it has on it bosch LSH 25 is this the part number i go by to replace it thanx mark

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would be checking for any air leaks first from split hoses, split vacuum pipes, split engine breather pipes or split induction pipes, also any valves and diaphragms that may have failed. Any air that is sucked into the engine should travel past the Air flow meter otherwise it will give you a running fault and can trigger a lambda code.

You should also get the codes read with a BMW specific scanner as P0130 isn't a BMW one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
changed lamba sensor last night runs fine now but the mpg gauge still goes off the scale fault gauge do they get a reading from a sensor any1 got any idear thanx for all your help on the misfire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.