BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys.....

I've been offered a set of bbs split rims, no tyres, no centre caps and a bit of kerbing on each wheel..

It was a scrappy about 35 miles away from me whilst I was there this morning...

Could this be more trouble than what it's worth or could I be onto a winner??
My only worry is that they could be twisted being from a scrappy but he's a decent guy....

The set of four would only cost me £60!!!

Looking forward to your thoughts on this!!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
dead cheap buddy! But if you wanted to stand out... then no :D

But sounds like a bargin to me! Just get them all checked out at a tyre place (balanced etc..)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right guys i've done the deed....

I'm picking them up on monday morning and he's going to try and get some centre caps for me!!!

i do hope they're going to be ok!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If they are the later 17"s ones off the 328 sport then dead cheap! Do The inner black with chrome lip and stretched tyres looks sweet with them!

·
Registered
272 Posts
If they are the later 17"s ones off the 328 sport then dead cheap! Do The inner black with chrome lip and stretched tyres looks sweet with them!
What's the fasination of stretching narrow tyres onto wide rims, they are dangerous! put the correct tyres onto the rims, and there will not be a problem.

Coastie, are these alloys all the same width, or staggered, ie., 7.5 inch fronts and 8.5 inch rears. If they are the staggered, then you need 245/40/17 on them, but don't know if you have the clearance under your arches. If the are all the same size, you could either put 225/45/17 all round, or 235's on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's the fasination of stretching narrow tyres onto wide rims, they are dangerous! put the correct tyres onto the rims, and there will not be a problem.

Coastie, are these alloys all the same width, or staggered, ie., 7.5 inch fronts and 8.5 inch rears. If they are the staggered, then you need 245/40/17 on them, but don't know if you have the clearance under your arches. If the are all the same size, you could either put 225/45/17 all round, or 235's on.
Only certain wheels with a certain look to the car suits streched tyres, I never tried doing a euro look on a e36 before so I tried it and it looked immense! As long as you don't stretch them to much it's fine. I wouldn't stretch tyres on schnitzer's or wheels like that but bbs wheels it looks good on, especially 16's ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts