BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem started when I wanted to open the boot today, every time I pressed the boot release button the doors locked, and boot - central locking was happening.

Tried unlocking again with fob several times (it unlocked each time with no problems) but same thing happened.. press boot button and all locks up :)

(embarrassing as I was buying some garden slabs from a lovely young lady - she was left holding a slab!)

So, eventually after unlocking several times and repeating this process I could open the boot with no problems..

Next thing: I always use the fob to unlock & lock - now - when I lock the alarm activates - siren blaring.. Have to unlock with the fob to stop it!

Everything works properly if using the key.

Its a standard BMW alarm.

I have to say the door handle feels slightly rougher than normal - it sticks out sometimes.. Did the usual penetrating oil routine which helped but still not fixed..

What do you say folks...?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok NikGrey, with regards to the locking you possibly might have frayed wiring where the loom passes from the body to the boot lid. First course of action would be to peel back the rubber housing and inspect the wiring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts