BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty i started working on the coupe tonight to sort out the dodgey connection for the oil pressure light in the dash
but like an idiot i didnt disconnect the battery before starting work now that everything is back together the car wont start i think the alarm has taken a hissy fit as the fuel pump is not priming and the oil pressure light is not working either
i have disconnected the battery for the moment in the hope that it might start working again
the fob only has a single button as well
thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
the all 3 connections in the back of the speedo cluster, air bag and the steering wheel
the ews
i dont like the sound of that
On the ignition barrel you have a plastic ring

From this ring you will have two very thin wires (Inside of a black protective sheath) going to a small transmitter box, just a little smaller than a match box..

Can you confirm that these have not been disconnected, if they have check that they have been reconnected correctly. Hopefully you have not damaged a green wire whilst working in that area:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had to remove the lower part of the dash to get to them but the 2 wires are untouched
also whilst testing a bulb i put the earth side on to the steering shaft mount i think it could be possible ive shorted it out?

·
Registered
426 Posts
theres a 5amp fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet that will cause non starting, mine did it at the mot place last year when i shorted the numberplate lights out, wouldnt start, turned out it was that fuse...

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
the 5 amp for the instrument cluster has popped i replaced it but its popped again
found the reason why a cable was shorting against the back of the cluster but still no joy
I use a light tester when examining fuses and check for power both sides of the fuse. I have had instances where I have missed a blown fuse due not inspecting it correctly. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
theres a 5amp fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet that will cause non starting, mine did it at the mot place last year when i shorted the numberplate lights out, wouldnt start, turned out it was that fuse...
well done that man
found the problem
it was a 5 amp fuse
idiot :duh
no 31 it seems to run a hell of alot considering its only a 5 amp fuse
im going to be in the bad books tomorrow though the alarm went off twice and has probably woken up half of the scheme its bloody loud as well my ears are still ringing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.